New, low cost monthly subscriptions for our online courses
Online courses from Down Syndrome Education International are now available with low cost monthly subscriptions.
Comprehensive and up-to-date
Our online courses offer comprehensive and up-to-date information and guidance, underpinned by a thorough understanding of the available research evidence to inform effective support and teaching for children and young people with Down syndrome.
We offer courses across a wide range of issues relevant to family support, early intervention, school education, and speech and language therapy - designed for parents and carers, teachers and assistants, speech and language therapists and other professionals working to support development and learning for young people with Down syndrome.
We have over 40 years of experience in scientific research examining the learning needs of children with Down syndrome, and of helping families and professionals to deliver effective support to meet these needs.
Our online courses are led by Professor Sue Buckley OBE, an internationally-recognized pioneer, researcher and practitioner in the field. Since 1979, DSE has led innovative and practical research studies, including some of the first randomized controlled trials of educational interventions for children with Down syndrome.
Today, we continue to support researchers around the world to advance our understanding of the children's needs and how these can best be met.
Convenient and accessible
Our online courses offer convenient access to a series of modules, each of which includes a video presentation, handouts and an assessment. The video presentations can be viewed online, handouts downloaded and assessments completed at any time.
Our online courses feature:
- Video presentations - lasting between one and two hours, available to course participants for streaming on-demand
- Handouts - download copies of the slides in the presentation to work through
- Assessments - check your learning with online assessments
- 'In practice' checklists - guidance and checklists to assist course participants to identify how to apply what they have learned for each child that they work with
- Further reading, references and resources - references to research discussed in each module, together with further reading and recommended resources are provided for those wishing to develop their knowledge further
- Certificates of achievement - certificates for participants who successfully complete each module and assessment in this course