Help us illustrate education, therapy and early intervention for children with Down syndrome
Thank you for your interest in helping us to illustrate education, therapy and early intervention activities for children and young people with Down syndrome.
We are always pleased to receive photographs and video clips to help illustrate our publications, training presentations and web sites.
If you are able to help us, please read the guidance below and then proceed to our submission form.
What we are looking for
We are looking for photographs and video clips of children and young people with Down syndrome that can help us illustrate books, web sites and training presentations.
We welcome images of children and young people engaged in educational activities. Example activities include matching pictures or sight words, practicing speech sounds or words, signing, learning vocabulary, counting, playing memory games, learning letter sounds, reading and writing, or learning sentences and grammar. These might include activities using our See and Learn kits and apps, or activities as part of the Reading and Language Intervention for Children with Down Syndrome (RLI), but we would also like a wide range of other teaching examples. We also welcome images of children and young people playing and communicating in everyday situations.
We welcome photographs and video clips of children and young people with Down syndrome aged from birth to young adulthood. We would be pleased to increase the diversity of nationalities and ethnicities represented in our publications and on our web sites. We also welcome examples of children progressing at differing rates - not only those doing particularly well at an early age and including children who are experiencing more difficulties, including dual diagnoses.
We can accept all common image and video file formats.
We prefer the highest resolution and least compressed formats you are able to provide. We can accept files up to 500MB.
Requirements and permissions
Before uploading photographs and video clips, please check that your submissions meet our requirements:
- Only upload photographs and video clips that you have taken yourself
- Ensure that you have obtained consent from any people featured and from the parents of any children featured
- Only upload photographs and video clips that you are happy for us to use on our web sites, in electronic and printed publications, and in training presentations
- If you took the photographs or video during your work for an employer, ensure that your employer is happy for you to share them in this way
When you contribute your photographs or video clips, we ask you to assign Down Syndrome Education International a perpetual, worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute your contributions. Please ensure that you have the necessary rights to grant this license for all content that you submit.
Please note that while we are grateful for all submissions, we cannot guarantee to use every photograph and video clip uploaded.
How to contribute
To contribute photographs and video clips:
- Sort your contributions into sets relating to one activity or theme
- For each set of related photographs and/or video clips, complete a submission form
- We will then send you a link to a page where you can upload the files relating to that submission
- You can submit up to 50 files per submission
- You must upload all of the files relating to a submission within 24 hours
- You can create as many submissions as you like
Please contact us if you have any further questions via firstname.lastname@example.org